Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Venom Plus

My new and most effective drug (may halt, if not reverse, Parkinson's "progress") is based on a synthetic Gila monster venom.

Tim already has a poem for the 'Venom Drug", as everybody is naturally calling it:


Hope is Our Word for Elpis


Stephen is taking Gila monster venom

to treat the brain disease I deeply hate.

I pray this treatment hasn’t come too late.

Now he can ride his horse in faded denim,

hawk on his fist, young of the year spring kite

as the rose-fingered dawn rolls back the night.



Parkinson’s has taken too many friends

as I have written you too many times,

grappling with meters and my anguished rhymes.

The greatest of these pitiable ends?

My pope who strode the world like a colossus

as Homer’s longest strophe, the molossus,



leaves its huge footprint in his epic verses.

Jesus, relieve us of our lethal curses.



Bayetta, the variety of Exanamide that I take, is synthetic; no Gila Monsters are harmed, or even harassed by milking, in its making.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve

I want to see that ,so far imaginary, pic of you , Steve, on the " horse in faded denim, hawk on (his) fist!!" - sooner , rather than later!

Good luck with the Treatment

John & June